OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940667088

From: "John E. Taylor, Jr." <>
Subject: FREEMAN Obituaries - Williams County, OH
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:24:48 -0400

>From The Bryan Democrat, March 16, 1893
A. D. FREEMAN, popularly known as "Doc" FREEMAN, the saloon keeper, died
Tuesday night. He had been sick nearly all winter.

>From The Bryan Press, March 16, 1893
At his home on High street on Tuesday evening March 14, A. D. FREEMAN, aged
28 years, 10 months, 28 days. Death came in this case after but a short
illness, and seemingly where least expected. Funeral services will be held
next Saturday and interment at the Blakeslee cemetery.

from The Bryan Press June 6, 1946, page 6

Charles M. FREEMAN, aged nearly 91 years, died at his home in Bradenton,
Fla., June 28. He was born in Akron, O., but spent his youth in Bryan where
he learned Morse telegraphy in 1873. He was a retired trainmaster of the C.
& O. R. R. His sister, Mrs. Jessie BRACE, resides at 323 South Main. Mr.
BRACE knew by heart the early history of Bryan.
Corrections:
death date should probably be May 28 (not June)
and last sentence should read Mr. FREEMAN (not Mr. BRACE)

>From The Bryan Press, August 30, 1923
Mrs. Chas. CLINGER died August 21 at her home in Perry, O.,(should be
Carey, OH) following an attack of blood poisoning. She was a former Bryan
girl, Miss Cora FREEMAN, and was a sister of Mrs. Walter BRACE and an aunt
of Misses Zella and Helen FREEMAN.

>From The Carey Times, August 30, 1923
Mrs. Charles CLINGER
Mrs. Coral (FREEMAN) CLINGER, daughter of Daniel and Sabrina FREEMAN, was
born November 19, 1869 in Bryan, Williams Co., Ohio, and departed this life
Tuesday, August 21, 1923, aged 53 years, 9 months and 2 days. She was one
of a family of 9 children, the father and mother and three brothers having
preceded her in death. Her ancestors had long been identified with this
country's progress and she was eligible to membership in the Daughters of
the American Revolution being a great great granddaughter of General BROOKS
who took part in that war. Her childhood was spent in Bryan where she was
united in marriage with Charles W. CLINGER July 18, 1889. To this union
were born 8 children, all of whom, with the father, survive to mourn the
loss of a kind and loving wife and mother. The children are: Mrs. Jessie
STRAUM, Mrs. Naomi BRAUN, Mrs. Ryth PARKER, Don B., Ray R., Clarence C.,
George R., and Howard M. She also leaves 10 grandchildren.
In 1904 the family moved to Carey where she became a member of the
Methodist Episcopal church, to which faith she remained steadfast until
death. Early last spring the family moved to Vanlue where Death entered the
home and departed with the mother. The funeral was held in the M. E. church
in this city Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. W. F. MARTIN officiating.
Burial was made in Spring Grove cemetery. Besides a large number of
relatives and friends present, were her only sister Mrs. Jessie BRACE of
Bryan; two brothers Mr. Charles FREEMAN of Ashland, KY, and Mr. Robert
FREEMAN of Owosso, Mich. Two brothers, Franklin of Sherman, Calif., and
Edward of Oregon, MO, were unable to attend owing to the suddenness of her
death. She was a kind and loving wife and mother, always cheerful even to
the end, and had a smile for everyone who came her way.
Dearest loved one, thou hast left us,
And thy loss we deeply feel,
But 'tis God that hath bereft us,
He can all our sorrow heal.
Yet again we hope to meet thee,
When the day of life has fled,
When in Heaven with joy we'll greet thee,
Where no farewell tears are shed.
CARD of THANKS
We wish to express our sincere thanks to our many neighbors, relatives and
friends for their assistance and sympathy extended us during the loss of
our wife and mother; also for the beautiful floral offerings. Especially do
we thank the Rev. MARTIN for his consoling words and the singers for their
music.
- Charles CLINGER and Family, Brothers and Sister.
>From The Bryan Press March 12, 1885

DIED - Daniel D. FREEMAN - On Monday March 2d., 1885, of Paralysis, after a
lingering illness, Mr. D. D. FREEMAN, aged 78 years.

>From The Bryan Press March 15, 1888, page 3
FREEMAN - At the residence of his mother, on South Walnut street, Tuesday
morning, March 13, of inflammation of the bowels, George W. FREEMAN, aged
21 years.
George was a member of Co. E. 16th. Regiment, O. N. G. The funeral takes
place today at 10 o'clock, being conducted by his comrades.

from The Bryan Press, April 2. 1886, page 3
The Minneapolis Journal of March contains a notice of the death of Harry B.
FREEMAN, formerly of this place. His parents died when he was a baby and he
was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. C. H. FREEMAN. He died of typhoid pneumonia at
the age of nineteen years. Harry was acknowledged favorite whereever he was
known. His kindness to his father and mother was always very noticeable. No
matter where he went he was always happy when Mrs. FREEMAN went with him
and if she was unable to go he always brought home to her some token in the
form of flowers or something of the sort. At the time of his death
arrangements had been made by Mr. FREEMAN, who is an extensive builder of
creameries, to have Harry assist him and take charge of one of the branch
lines of his work. When the sad news of his death was received by Mr.
FREEMAN, he was near Colorado Springs.

>From The Bryan Press, Nov. 11, 1909
FREEMAN - On Oct. 28, aged 77 years and 11 days, Miner FREEMAN.

(Note: Miner and Margaret FREEMAN are buried in Fountain Grove Cemetery in
Bryan, Ohio near Daniel and Sabrina FREEMAN. There are no stones for Miner
and Margaret.)

>From The Bryan Press, Feb. 14, 1895
Joseph Edward FREEMAN, son of Minor and Margaret FREEMAN, died Tuesday,
Feb. 5, 1895; was born near Galion, OH, Nov. 17, 1867.
April 20, 1892, he married Miss Eva TAYLOR, of South Bend, who with Baby
Bernice are left to mourn the loss of a kind father and dutiful husband. He
came to Bryan with his parents when a mere youth, and as he grew to
manhood, with his kind words and cheerful smile he won the affection of
many. He contracted a cold last spring, which terminated in consumption.
Trusting in him Who doeth all things well, he bore his suffering patiently.
He leaves a bereaved father, mother, wife, child and sister, who extend
their heartfelt thanks to their many kind friends, who have been so
faithful in sickness and death.

>From The Bryan Press, May 26, 1887
FREEMAN - In Milford township, Defiance county, Ohio, May 8, 1887, Lewis
FREEMAN; aged nearly 71 years. He was up that morning as usual, and dead
before noon. He had long been afflicted with asthma. Funeral on the 4th in
the M. E. church, Rev. J. R. COLGAN officiating.

This thread: