OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940702878

From: "John E. Taylor, Jr." <>
Subject: KLINE/REICHMAN Obits. - Williams Co., OH
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:21:18 -0400

CAROLINE (KLINE) REICHMAN
>From unknown Kansas newspaper
Mrs. Samuel REICHMAN died at the old homestead, Sunday, Oct. 8, 1899, at
the advanced age of 73 years and 7 days. The subject of this sketch,
Caroline KLINE, was born at "Bingen on the Rhine", in Germany, Oct. 1st.,
1826. She came to the United States at theage of 7 years. At 15 she became
a member of the First Lutheral Church. She was united in marriage to Samuel
REICHMAN January 16, 1844. To them were given eleven children, six sons and
five daughters, of which one son, three daughters and her husband survive
her. She was a consistent christian woman in all her intercourse with
friends and neighbors. She possessed the necessary qualifications to act as
"midwife" and many households in this vicinity can attest her kindness to
the mothers.
The first fourteen years of their married life was spent in Williams
county, Ohio, then twelve in Stuben county, Indiana, and from thence to
Atchison county, Kan., and with the exception of one year, they have
resided on the old homestead near the Pleasant Vale school house. By
persistent hard work and rigid economy, they acquired a sufficient
competency to care for themselves in the decline of life.
The funeral was conducted by Rev. R. S. FINLEY of Effingham. A very
appropriate discourse was delivered, based upon the XC Psalm, being an
earnest exhortation to the living to remember the mercies of the Lord while
yet in life.
One of the largest concourses of people seen at a funeral followed the
remains to the beautiful cemetery in Effingham, thus showing their esteem
and friendship for the departed. Kind hands laid her gently to rest.
A CARD.
We desire to express our thanks and gratitude to our neighbors and friends
who so kindly assisted us in our severe affliction in the death of our wife
and mother. - Samuel REICHMAN and Family.

ELIZABETH ( KLINE) REICHMAN
>From unknown 1899 Williams county newspaper
Elizabeth KLINE REICHMAN was born in Baier Land, Germany, January 19, 1830,
and at the age of six years moved with her parents to Tuscarawas county,
and in 1844 came to Williams county and settled on a farm in St. Joseph
township, four miles north-east of Edgerton. On the 5th day of March, 1846
she was united inmarriage to John REICHMAN, who departed this life March 5,
1896. To this union were born nine children, six sons and three daughters;
four of whom died in their childhood. She leaves four sons, one daughter
and four grandchildren to mourn their loss and many friends and neighbors.
She was converted in the year of our Lord 1874, united with the Church of
God and remained a faithful and consistent member until death.
CARD OF THANKS
We desire to thank all the neighbors and friends who so kindly assisted and
sympathized with us in our recent bereavement. May their kindness shown
toward us ever be remembered. - The Children.

JOHN REICHMAN
Clipping from unknown 1896 Williams county newspaper
Another old veteran pioneer gone. John REICHMAN was born near Harpersferry,
Maryland, June 21, 1798 and in his youth taken to Tuscarawas county, Ohio
by his parents and in 1844 with his parents came to Williams county, and
settled on the farm in St. Joseph township, four miles northeast of
Edgerton, where he has lived ever since. About a year later his father died
and was the first person buried in the Thomas grave yard. On the 5th day of
March, 1846, Mr. REICHMAN was married to Miss Elizabeth KLINE. To this
union were born nine children, six sons and three daughters of whom four
died in their childhood. He died March 5, 1896, at the ripe old age of 97
years, 9 months and 14 days. He leaves a wife, four sons, one daughter,
four grandchildren and a large circle of friends to mourn his loss. It will
be noticed by the dates of marriage and death that Mr. and Mrs. REICHMAN
had been married just fifty years. Mr. REICHMAN had a stroke of paralysis a
short time ago from which he had partly recovered, with the exception of
his sight, and was again taken sick just the day before his death. The
funeral was preached here last Sunday by Rev. CLARK and the remains were
placed in the Thomas cemetery. Thus has passed away an exemplary christian,
a good citizen and a kind husband and father.

JOHN REICHMAN, JR.
>From The Bryan Press, Nov. 12, 1936
John Reichman
John REICHMAN, son of John and Elizabeth REICHMAN was born July 21, 1867 on
a farm near Edgerton, O. After a long illness of one year he departed this
life at the age of 69 years, three months and 1 days. In the year 1895 he
was united in marriage to Anna BURKHART. to this union were born three
children, Clarence, who resides on the home place, Mildred residing north
of Bryan, and one son who died in infancy.
He was a brother in a family of nine children, six preceding him in death,
four in infancy, George and Emanuel within the last three years. He was
confirmed when a young man, and later attended the Evangelical church south
of Bryan until it was closed. He has spent nearly his entire life at
farming, on the farm where he passed away. He was a patient sufferer,
devoted husband, kind father and a true friend to all who knew him.
He is survived by his faithful wife, one son, Clarence C., one daughter,
Mildred, four gradnchildren, Annabelle, Rex, Aileene and Lavon, one
brother, Noah of Bryan one sister Mrs. Martha CRITCHFIELD of Bryan, a
son-in-law and daughter-in-law and other relatives, neighbors and a host of
friends.
CARD OF THANKS
We wish to express our appreciation and thanks to our many friends and
neighbors for their help and kindness, Rev. STEWART for his comforting
words, the singers for their music and all who presented the beautiful
flowers and everyone who so kindly helped in every way during the illness
and death of our dear husband and father. - Clarence REICHMAN and family.

GEORGE HARRISON REICHMAN
Clipping from unknown Montana newspaper
George Harrison REICHMAN died at his home in this city at 1 o'clock
Thursday morning. For the past five years he had been troubled with
Bright's disease, and was taken critically ill on the last day of October
and had been compelled to keep to his bed from that time until his death.
Mr. REICHMAN suffered a great deal during the last months of his illness,
but the end came quietly and peacefully, and he retained consciousness up
to the last moment. The funeral took place this Frudfay afternoon from the
Congregational church, the services being conducted by Rev. J. H. BOCKOVEN,
and a large concourse of friends and relatives of the departed being
present at the last rites. Interment was in the Mountain View cemetery. Mr.
REICHMAN was born in Tuscarawas county, Ohio, September 2, 1846. He came to
Montana in 1877 and lived in the Gallatin valley eleven years. Since 1888
he was a resident of Sedan in the Flathead country, being the owner of a
fine farm there. For the past year or more he has resided in Livingston
most of the time, being under the doctor's care. A wife and eight children
survive him, all of the children except two being grown to manhood and
womanhood.

NOAH REICHMAN
Noan Reichman Taken By Death
Was A Former Resident Of Edgerton; Born In St. Joseph Twp.
After an illness extending over a period of five years or more Noah
REICHMAN, of Bryan, passed away at the home of his son, Harvey N. REICHMAN
in Center township Wednesday morning. Death was due to general exhaustion
and endocarditis. Mr. REICHMAN was born in St. Joseph township, Williams
county, Ohio, Nov. 11, 1864 and was aged 77 years, 2 months and 3 days.
He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Sarah REICHMAN, son, Harvey N. REICHMAN,
one granddaughter, Mrs. Raymond HEISLER and three great grandchildren.
Funeral will be held from the Bellefountaine Church of God, Friday, at 2
pm., Rev. L. M. DAVIS officiating with KRILL Funeral Service in charge.
Burial will be made in Maple Grove cemetery.

Mr. Noah Reichman
Mr. Noah Reichman, son of John and Elizabeth REICHMAN, was born in St.
Joseph Township, Williams County, Ohio, Nov. 11, 1864, and departed this
life at the home of his son, Henry (should be Harvey) and wife, near
Edgerton, Ohio, Jan. 14, 1942, aged 77 years, 2 months and 3 days. In 1887
he married Miss Sarah FIX. He was a brother in a family of nine children.
Seven preceding hime in death, four in infancy. George, Emmanuel and John
in recent years. He was converted and united with the Church of God, in
1893, and was a faithful member until called from this earthly home.
He resided in Bryan the last twenty-five years. One year ago last December
he was severely afflicted, but all through these months, he was a patient
sufferer, devoted husband, kind father, and a true friend. Looking to Jesus
who was so precious to him, and though out hearts are sad, yet we are
confident that in these lonely hours he has laid the armor down and has
gone to where "Jesus has gone to prepare a place for those who are faithful."
He leaves to mourn his departure his devoted wife; son, Harvey, and wife;
one grandchild, Mrs. Evelyn HEISLER, husband and three children; one
sister, Mrs. Martha CRITCHFIELD, Bryan, Ohio, and many other relatives and
friends. The funeral service was held at the Church of God, eight miles
west of Bryan, Ohio, conducted by the Rev. L. M. DAVIS officiating,
assnsted by the Rev. H. J. STAHL of Leo, Ind. The interment took place in
the Edgerton Cemetery. Mat the Lord comfort and Sustain.

Noah Reichman
Funeral services for Noah REICHMAN, 77, who died Jan 14 in the home of his
son, Harvey REICHMAN, in Center township, were held Friday in the
Bellefontaine Church of God. Rev. L. M. DAVIS officiated. Burial was in the
Edgerton cemetery. He was born in St. Joseph township, Nov. 11, 1864, the
son of John and Elizabeth KLEIN REICHMAN, and leaves his widow, Mrs. Sarah
REICHMAN; one son, Harvey; one granddaughter, Mrs. Raymond HEISLER, and
three great grandchildren, a sister, Mrs. Martha CRITCHFIELD, of Bryan and
many other relatives.
In 1887 he was united in marriage with Miss Sarah FIX. He was a brother in
a family of nine children. Seven preceding him in death, four in infancy,
George, Emmanual and John in recent years. He was converted and united with
the Church of God in 1893 and was a faithful member until called from this
earthly home.
He resided in Bryan the last twenty-five years, one year ago last December
he was severely afflicted, but all through these months he was a patient
sufferer, devoted husband, kind father, and a true friend.
CARD OF THANKS
We wish to express our appreciation and thanks to our many friends and
neighbors for their help and kindness. Rev. L. M. DAVIS and Rev. H. J.
STAHL for their comforting words. The singers for their music and all who
presented beautiful flowers, and everyone who so kindly helped in every way
during the illness and death of our dear husband and father.
Mrs. Noah REICHMAN, Mr. and Mrs. Harvey REICHMAN, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond
HEISLER and children

This thread: