OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940703431

From: "John E. Taylor, Jr." <>
Subject: BROWN/FIX Obits.- Williams Co., OH
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:30:31 -0400

ELIZABETH (BROWN) FIX
from The Edgerton Earth, April 21, 1916, page 4
Elizabeth FIX, daughter of Nicholas and Catherine BROWN, was born in
Tuscarawas county, O., May 8, 1839 and came to williams county with her
parents Oct. 17, 1843. On January 26, 1861 she was united in marriage to
Geo. FIX at Bryan, Ohio. To this union was born four children, two sons and
two daughters. One daughter, Julia, having preceded her in early childhood.
The husband preceded her in death Aug. 30, 1904.
She was consecrated when a child to God in baptism and was confirmed and
united with the Evangelical Lutheran church at the age of 23. She died
April 15, 1916, aged 76 years, 11 months and 7 days. She was the oldest of
nine children. Three children, four grandchildren, four greatgrandchildren,
three sisters, friends and neighbors are left to mourn her departure.
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. A. O. MUSGRAVE from the Church of
God, Monday, April 17, 1916, in the presence of a large concourse of
friends and neighbors. Interment was made in Thomas cemetery. Peace to her
ashes and sweet memory of her pure and noble life.
Our mother has gone and left us, Here with us she could not stay,
For the voice of Jesus called her, And she has gone from us away.
Pain and sickness cannot reach her, Up, in heaven all is well,
But 'tis God that has bereft us, And he doeth all things well.
She died with faith in Jesus, And her hopes in God were strong,
Oh, we miss her, how we miss her, Mother's journey is so long.
CARDS OF THANKS
To the friends and neighbors who assisted and sympathized with us during
the sickness and in the death of our mother, we extend our sincere thanks.
Also to the choir and minister as well as for the floral offerings. Your
kindly acts and thoughtful consideration will never be forgotten. - The
Children.

GEORGE FIX
Clipping from unknown Williams county newspaper
George FIX, son of Henry and Sarah FIX, was born in Elsas, Germany, January
1, 1831. Came to America June 27, 1843, at the age of 13 years, with his
parents; settled in Wayne county June 25th., 1844. He was united in
marriage to Elizabeth BROWN January 26th., 1861. To this union were born
four children, one now deceased. He was consecrated when a child to God in
baptism, and was confirmed and united with the German Lutheran church at
the age of 12 years.
He died August 30, 1904, aged 73 years, 7 months, 7 days. He leaves a wife,
three childre, four grandchildren, four brothers and one sister. In his
last sickness, dropsy, he was very patient, and never complained, even
though the suffering was intense. May God let His special blessing rest
upon the widow who for forty three years walked down life's pathway with
her husband. May He give grace in her lonely hours and comfort and cheer
her. May His blessing be with the sons and daughters and their families.
Mr. FIX was one of the pioneers of St. Joseph township and was well known
all over the county. The funeral services were held at Bellefontaine Chapel
Sept. 2, conducted by Rev. SPEELMAN. He was laid to rest in the Thomas
cemetery.
A precious one from us is gone, A voice we heard is stilled,
A place is vacant in our home, Which never can be filled.
We loved him, yes, we loved him, But angels loved him more,
And they have sweetly called him, To yonder shining shor.
CARDS OF THANKS
Mrs. George FIX and family desire to thank their neighbors and friends for
their kindness in assisting them during the long illness and death of
husband and father.

HENRY FIX, Jr.
from memorial plaque
In Memoriam Henry Fix
Henry FIX was born at Ruppenheim, Elsass, Germany, July 17, 1838, and died
at his home two miles northwest of Melbern June 7. (1913) He was the sixth
child of Henry and Saloma FIX, and came to this country and to the state of
Ohio in 1842, united in marriage with Magdalena KAISER in 1866. To this
union were born seven children, two of them preceding him in death. Besides
the five surviving children he leaves his wife, one brother, nine grand
children and many friends to mourn their loss.
The deceased had to go through all the hardships of the pioneer life. The
cause of his death was cancer, of which terrible sickness he suffered since
about one year. In his youth he was baptized and at the proper age
confirmed in the Lutheran faith. As a husband and father he was kind and to
all his neighbors he proved to be a good friend. He attained an age of 74
years, 10 months and 20 days.
Funeral services were held in the Methodist church of Melbern, June 9 and
his remains were laid to rest in the Neidhardt cemetery, Rev. F. HENKELMANN
of Bryan delivered the funeral address. May he rest in peace.
Father's gone, Oh, how we miss him, How our hearts around him twine,
But the angels came and took him, To a brighter, better clime.
Father's gone from us forever, Oh, how hard it was to part,
For the mother and the children, Oh, it seemed 'twould break our hearts.
He has gone to dwell with Jesus, In a land that's free from pain,
And our loss, though great it seemeth, Is sure eternal gain.

HENRY GEORGE FIX
from The Bryan Democrat, Jan. 21, 1886
Henry George FIX died at the residence of his son, Martin FIX, in Florence
township, Williams county, Ohio, January 5, 1886. He was born in
Roppenheim, Alsace, December 25, 1802; married in 1826 to Saloma GLASS by
whom he had eight children, six boys and two girls all of whom are living
except, perhaps, one son who went to California in March 1863, and who has
not been heard from for nearly twenty three years. Henry George FIX moved
from Alsace to Wayne county, Ohio, in 1843, and a year later came to
Williams county where he continued to reside until his death. His wife died
in 1873, since which time he has made his home with his children.

MRS. MARY FETTERS FIX
Mary FETTERS, daughter of Daniel and Sarah FETTERS was born in Wayne
County, Ohio, January 3, 1843 and departed this life January 30, 1926 at
her home in Edon, Ohio aged 83 years and 27 days.
She was united in marriage to Martin FIX Feb. 20, 1863 and to this union
were born seven children, two of them, Mrs. Sarah BUSH and Mrs. Ida MOWERY
have preceded her in death. Then on Feb. 16, 1897, almost twenty-nine years
ago she suffered the loss of her husband the children were bereft of the
companionship and love of a father.
Early in life she gave her life to the service of her Master and united
with the Church of Christ at Edon, and has ever remained faithful to her
Christian profession. Her religion was expressed not so much by word as by
deed. She was a good neighbor and ever ready to assist those who were in
need. Altho in failing health for the last twelve years she has never been
idle. She would sit in her chair and read or sew up to her last illness.
Last Christmas she contributed a fancy piece for the Ladies Aid Society
Bazaar, and also presented to children strings of beads which she had
strung herself. These incidents are only examples of what her whole life
has been, as she sought to serve her Lord by helping others and making
people happy.
There remains to mourn her loss five children, Henry D. and Zora, of Edon,
Mrs. Irene WHITE of St. Louis, and Mrs. Belle ANSPAUGH and Hiram of Edon;
also twelve grandchildren and twenty-three great-grandchildren, besides
many other relatives and a host of friends.
Her brother, Levi FETTERS, died four weeks ago.

CHARLES BROWN
from The Bryan Democrat, July 21, 1898, page 5
Charles BROWN, who with his family lived on a farm in the northeast part of
Florence township, was killed by a kick by a horse. Friday morning he and a
young man went into the stable to do the chores. While the young man was
cleaning out the stable BROWN began to harness the horses. While thus
engaged one of the horses kicked BROWN on the side of the head. The young
man saw BROWN falling and caught him before he struck the floor. BROWN was
carried to the house, medical aid summoned and everything did for him but
without avail. One side of his head was crushed, and he died at two o'clock
Saturday morning. BROWN was about thirty-two years of age and left a widow
and two children.

>From The West Unity Reporter, 1898
In loving remembrance of my only son, Charlie N. BROWN, who died July 16,
1898, aged 32 years. (lengthy poem omitted)- From his loving mother and aunt.

This thread: