OH-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives

Archiver > OH-FOOTSTEPS > 1999-10 > 0940786978

From: christina m hursh <>
Subject: bio: Henry Becker, Montgomery Co.
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:42:58 -0500

"The History of Montgomery County, Ohio."; by W. H. Beers & Co., pub.
1882
page 294

RANDOLPH TOWNSHIP
HENRY BECKER, miller; P. O., Union. Mr. Becker is a native of Ohio;
born
in Montgomery County, May 13, 1816; is a son of John and Rebecca Becker.
The
father emigrated to this State with his parents in June, 1815, being a
native
of Lancaster Co., Pa. The grandfather of our subject was a miller by
occupation, and erected one of the early saw mills on West Branch. John
Becker was also a miller, and continued the business of his father, which
has
been handed down to him whose sketch we pen. The mother's maiden name
was
Hart; she died in November, 1856. The father served in the township as
Trustee for a number of years, and died in December, 1857. Our subject
is
one of five children, four of whom are now living, viz.: Annie, Rebecca,
David and Henry. The latter was united in marriage with Sarah Shilt, in
1840, and to them were born six children, and of them Thomas, John, Isaac
and
Catherine are now living.

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tag

This thread: