OHCLERMO-L Archives

Archiver > OHCLERMO > 2004-08 > 1093771461

From: Hermon B Fagley <>
Subject: Re: [OHCLER] RE: [WOOD] Richard & Zedekiah Wood, Clermont Co., Ohio early 1800's
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:24:21 -0400

Walter writes of a Smith -Manning marriage on Big I ndian Creek,and of
Wood and Mannings
Fort on the ridge south of Big Indian,in Washington township.[and it
drains some of Franklin township.
And you write of Wayne-Goshen township Tibbetts-Woods,-Smiths 20 miles
north. Plus,we
had Maine Tibbitts at Lindale,in N Ohio township,and several Smith
families in Williamsburg-Jackson.

Moses Leonard and John Anderson were 1800 pioneer brothers-in-law
settling east of Williamsburg 4 miles,
in ,1818+,Sterling twnsp,Brown Co,and Obediah Ireton's cabin was near the
Brown-Clermont Co line 3 miles nw
of them. Methodists. Howard Leckey's "The Tenmile Country and it's
Pioneer Families" 391-395 lists Martha Wood,
of Wm and Margaret Mitchell Wood,m John Anderson,and Nancy Wood m Hiram
Conwell. Hiram Anderson
was son of John and Nancy.
Thomas and Hannah Osbourne Mitchell were parents of Margaret Mitchell
Wood.

There must have been an early Baptist church forgotten in Washington
township for the Woods,Mannings,
Abrahams.. Like other Baptist churces that swithed to Campbellite
Christian,Salem Christian on Bee Run,in Washington
township may have been it. Or old Calvery.