PACE-L Archives

Archiver > PACE > 2004-04 > 1082817638

Subject: Re: Alcey [Caston] Pace
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:40:38 EDT

Debbie

This is my direct line. Alcey C. Pace was the son of John R. Pace and
grandson of Wm. Pace Sr. of Montgomery County TN. Alcey m. (1) Mary Suter on Dec.
24 1840 in Robertson Co. TN. They had 3 sons: Wm. Matthew (my
Ggrandfather) b. Oct 20 1841; John T. b. 1842 and Hardy C. b. May 30 1843. Alcey's
wife Mary Suter died before 1846 and he married (2) Elizabeth Farmer on Dec. 11
1847 in Montgomery Co. TN.

Alcey and Elizabeth also had 3 children: Margaret A. b. 1849; Samuel Henry
b. Dec. 15 1852 and Alsa Carson b. 1855. Alcey apparently died around the
time of the birth of his last son. His widow Elizabeth moved to White County
IL with her 3 young children to be near her parents. The older sons by Mary
Suter appear to stay in TN with other Pace relatives.

As to the name "Caston". That comes from the "Jimmy Pace letter" that was
written in 1923 and recounts the family history of descendants of Wm. Pace Sr.
I believe that Jimmy (Thomas James Pace) did not remember the name
correctly. Note his last son is named Alsa Carson. Also, in "Early Middle TN
Marriages" by Bryon and Barbara Sistler; Vol 1. p. 413 lists: Pace, Carson to
Elizabeth Farmer on 11 Dec. 1847 in Montgomery County and A. C. Pace to Mary Suter
, 24 Dec. 1840 in Robertson County.

John R., the father of Alcey Carson, had a brother Alsey who died as a result
of the War of 1812. I believe that John R. named his oldest son Alcey to
honor his brother's memory. His other son was Wm. Hardy Pace. Gordon W. Pace
our Pace-L owner is a descendant of this Alsey. I hope this helps. I have
extensive notes on these children of Alcey Carson with the exception of John
T. who has been a brickwall for years. Always willing to share, as so many
have helped me. Gary Pace, Nashville

Can anyone help this lady?  It is not my Alsey Pace (b.1785)  of Johnston
Co. NC.
Betty