POSEY-L Archives

Archiver > POSEY > 2000-05 > 0958139733

From: Michael Allison <>
Subject: Re: [POSEY-L] Posey / Poschet
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:55:33 -0500

The most important thing I would suggest considering right now is that in addition
to the fact there isn't a single known (to us at this time) source document naming
the parents of Francis Posey or his place of birth, is the fact that there is solid
evidence that ancient noble POSCHET history and pedigree is based on an act of
intentional FRAUD. In other words, even if Francis Posey "was" a Poschet, the
lineage going back to the Baron Raazem is a joke -- it is fabricated. There was no
such ancient lineage until the mid 1700's when it was "established" by forged
documents presented to the French Governement in attempt to make that family into
nobles and. The French government later caught on and realized that the documents
were fakes and that there was no such lineage and certainly no such NOBLE lineage.
There are published statements from high-ranking French officials naming that
pedigree as a fake!

The sad part of it all is that irresponsible people wanting a grand story without
regard for the facts, have published and re-published this mess over and over again.
It took on a life of it's own for people who collect genealogical information
without ever doing the first ounce of research and who never ask questions...such as
"Why is this said to be true -- what are the sources?"

Genealogically speaking, there is no ancient POSEY history to report past FRANCIS
POSEY of Maryland. That's my two cents worth...for what it's worth. For me, the
POSCHET family is utterly irrelevant at this point since there isn't a shred of
credible genealogical evidence found in an original source document linking the
POSEY family to the POSCHET family.
Michael Allison

This thread: