PRUSSIA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PRUSSIA-ROOTS > 2009-01 > 1232233898

From: "D.L. MacLaughlan-Dumes" <>
Subject: Re: [PRUSSIA-ROOTS] Immanuel Liebich (was: ANCESTOR)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:11:38 -0800

On Jan 17, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Ray wrote:

> Hello, I'm looking for my GGGfather who was born
> in Selesia or Prussia in 1823..
> His name was Emmanuel Christopher LIEBICH, a music composer..

You might get more hits by searching for Immanuel Liebich. There are
some Google Books references to his compositions using this spelling.

He appears regularly in the British census records as either Emmanuel
or Immanuel with a birthdate between 1821 - 1823. There's an index to
an 1856 marriage in Whitechapel, London, vol. 1c, page 801. It might
be worth checking with sources in London to see whether you can find a
full copy of the marriage record. If you're lucky, this may have the
birthplaces of the bride and groom.

Records at http://search.labs.familysearch.org show extractions of
baptismal records for some of his children. For the christening of
Rudolph in 1869 the full names of the parents are given: Immanuel
Christoph Albert Erdmann Liebich and Agnes Julie (presumably Mehlhorn,
as stated in the bio of their son Franz in "Who's Who in Music",
London 1860; Agnes' father was the Greek scholar Friedrich Mehlhorn).

Your best bet is to pursue records in England where Immanuel settled.
Maybe a death record would be revealing.

From whom are you descended? Max?

Regards,
Debra MacLaughlan-Dumes
http://sakionline.net/familypage