ROBINSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBINSON > 1996-06 > 0834030228

From: HELEN N BATTLESON< >
Subject: Fwd: Re: ROBINSON Circus
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 22:03:48, -0500

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

> Date: Wednesday, 05-Jun-96 09:17 AM
>
> From: Dennis Robinson \ Internet: ()
> To: Helen Nichols Battleson \ PRODIGY: (GZKQ12A)
>
> Subject: Re: ROBINSON Circus
>
> Hi Helen,
>
> Thanks for the help offer
>
> What I have is very little on the Robinsons. Most of it is very
sketchy
> at best and from verbal history only.
>
> My name is Dennis Patrick Robinson b. 2 may 1948 Dallas, TX, only
child
> of Timothy Brown Robinson b. 16 Jan 1907 Cumby TX, m.(II) Arliss
Belle
> Marshall 9 Feb 1945 Dallas TX. Arliss b. 14 Jan 1908 Holland/Davilla
TX.

> Timothy's parents were Fernando Cortez Robinson b. ? Sevierville, TN
(?)
> m. Alice Pearl Smith/Pearly Alice Smith, birth information unknown.
10
> Children total, 2 stillborn.
>
> Fernando's father was John Robinson(4)
> John's(4) father was John Robinson(3)
> John's(3) father was John Robinson(2)
> John's(2) father was John Robinson(1) b. Scotland(?) or from Scottish
> parents
>
> Each of the John's at one time ran the John Robinson Circus for a
total
> of 124 years. The winter headquarters of the Circus was Robinsonville,
> OH. THis is now a suburb of Cincinnatti OH. THere is supposed to be a
> family mansion/museum there. I have not been able to contact them
yet.
> Perhaps you have already been in touch with them. I have no spousal
or
> issue information on any of the John Robinsons
>
> I have been able to find numerous pages of information on the circus
from
> th Circus World Museum in Baraboo Wisconsin.
>
> My cousin Cindy (Robinson) Savage () is also
researching
> the family, we share information. He father was Luther Isaac
Robinson,
> brother of Timothy.
>
> If you have any information it would be appreciated. My entire family
> file is on FTM 3.0 Windows version, if that would help you.
>
> I believe we have been in contact before, I changed my ISP from AOL
> Concentric Network. My handle on AOL was
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis Robinson

HELEN N BATTLESON wrote:

Dear Dennis,

I will try and help you on your line, I am on the Internet with the
ROBINSON list and also have been publishing the Robinson Family Journal
since 1991.

Can you send me more data to check for you.

- Home of the Robinson's since 1678 in VA Prodigy GZKQ12A

This thread: