ROBINSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBINSON > 2003-05 > 1052225929

Subject: [ROBINSON] Re: John Nelson Robinson and brother,William Robinson
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:58:52 -0500 (CDT)

John N. Robinson was my gr- grandfather and married Elizabeth Moore in
Paris, Ky. about 1849. They had three sons. Thomas Nelson, Patrick
Carmen, and Richard R. They were raised in the Lincoln-Garrard County,
Ky areas. Thomas died in Okla.;Patrick died in Indiana; and Richard, my
grandfather, died in Greene Co., Illinois 1926.

John Nelson drowned on Mississippi River about 1860. Elizabeth
re-married John Farmer and they had Alex and Sarah.

William married Ann Marwood in New Jersey around 1848. They later came
to Jersey Co., Ill.; then died in Greene Co., Il. They had 8-10
children.

John Nelson Robinson, William Robinson and Ann Marwood immigrated from
England about 1847-8. Reportedly John and William were orphans.???

I would like to find more about John Nelson and William Robinson.
Thank you.

.
Sincerely,

Mary Gimmy