TNKNOX-L Archives

Archiver > TNKNOX > 2001-01 > 0979514975

From: "Wayne & Carolyn May" <>
Subject: Re: [TN-KNOX] Knaffl & Brakebill, Knoxville photographers
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:29:35 -0500

Dear Mike,

I have a photo with Brakebill and McCoy that I think dates to about 1887 or
so. I looked up the name Brakebill and McCoy in the Knoxville City
Directory, but the McClung Library only had directories back to 1901. From
1901-1909 they listed Brakebill and McCoy first at 117 Gay Street and then
in 1909 at 3331/2 S. Gay. I think that if my photo does date in the late
1980's with Brakebill and McCoy, perhaps, it was after 1909 that Brakebill
joined someone else...Knaffl...I didn't record it, but it seems that
Brakebill was by himself in the 1910 directory...but as I said I didn't
write down anything after 1909.

Yours truly,
Carolyn....searching for Harmon, Smith in Knoxville