VALOUDOU-L Archives

Archiver > VALOUDOU > 2007-01 > 1169470628

From: "Pat Duncan" <>
Subject: Re: [VALOUDOU] Lt. H.H. RHODES & wife Marion Stewart CARTER
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 05:57:08 -0700

If this is the same man, Tom Bishop collects and sells old letters. I don't
believe he is a researcher other than to provide some information when
selling the old documents.

>From the Loudoun Co Personal Property Tax Lists (I have only abstracted up
to 1850):
1840A First District Rhodes, H. H. (Capt.)
1841A First District Rhodes, Hillary H.
1842A First District Rhodes, Hillary H.
1843A First District Rhodes, Hillary H.
1844A First District Rhodes, H. H.
1845A First District Rhodes, Hallary H.
1846B First District Rhodes, Hillary H.
1847A First District Rhodes, Hillary H.
1850A First District Rhodes, H. H.

>From my series, "Index to the Loudoun Co Deed Books, ..." by Pat Duncan:

4O:267 Date: 1 Oct 1840 Returned to Court: 13 Oct 1840
Trustee Samuel M. EDWARDS to Hillary H. RHODES (Lt. U.S. Navy). Bargain and
sale of house and 18a lot in E side of King St nr Leesburg lately occ. by
James L. MARTIN with a tannery (from trust of Sally A. P. MARTIN w/o James
L. MARTIN under decree from ill of mother Betsey MURREY dec'd) adj EDWARDS,
Benjamin SHREVE Jr. Delv. to RHODES 4 Nov 1845.

4W:242 Date: 11 Jun 1846 Returned to Court: 11 Jun 1846
Hillary H. Rhodes of Loudoun to Alexander Poland of Loudoun. Lease of 18a nr
Leesburg (two fields adj three sides of lot where Rhodes resides).

5S:139 Date: 2 Jan 1860 Returned to court: 2 Jan 1860
Hilleary H. Rhodes of Loudoun to George K. Fox Jr. of Loudoun. Bargain and
sale of 18a (see DBk 4O:267) on S border of Leesburg adj C. T. Hempstone.

>From the 1850 Loudoun Co Census, page 352B, Leesburg
Rodes, Hilary 48y U.S. Army b. Virginia

>From the 1860 Loudoun Co Census:
RHODES, Henry H. (57y b. Washington) (residing with Wm. H. BALCH) p.
378:058 Leesburg

>From "Union Cemetery, Leesburg" by Frain:
Rhodes, H. H. b. __ d. 1861/03 bur: __ No stone Lot: 140 Owner: H. H.
Rhodes Purchased: 1861/03/__

Pat Duncan