VARUSSEL-L Archives

Archiver > VARUSSEL > 1999-08 > 0934410248

From: Dorothy Cornett <>
Subject: [VARUSSEL-L] Re: Stephen SARGENT & Margaret GOLD & Joseph & Julia Rasnake Skeens
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:24:08 -0400

Hello Gloria,
I am sorry, but i do not have a copy of Ephrain Gold's will, Wish that i did,
that is my present project and the purpose of my message yesterday. I only
learned of the existence of this will in June from a post on a North Caroline
website where Ms Louise T Overton posted the index of Caswell County Will books.

Thanks
Dot

wrote:

> Donna, Nancy and all others:
>
> First, thank everyone for the terrific response and information on the above
> couple. Sure has helped to fill in some blank spaces. And, as suggested,
> most still has to be verified/documented. But the info I received will
> certainly help in doing that. First, off I never knew that this couple left
> Russell Co, VA and went to KY. So that's a big head-start there.
>
> BTW, I descend from Stephen Bryant Sargent & Margaret Gold through their
> son, Elijah Sargent who married Elizabeth Horton.
>
> Yes, Yes... I know that Elijah was not named in Stephen's will, but neither
> was William, who supposedly was Twin to Elijah and married Lucy Horton, Eliz.
> sister. Also Rachel (Sargent) VanHook and Stephen, Jr were not named in
> their father's will that I have seen. Even if they died before Stephen (m
> Amy Ware), they still had children? who should have been named, but were not.
>
> Yesterday, Dorothy Cornett mentioned the Will of Ephraim GOLD...... Don't
> know about anyone else....but that's the first definitive info I've
> seen/heard of for Ephraim Gold, who is believed to be Margaret's father.
> Does anyone have any documentation on that?
>
> Dorothy.....do you have a copy of Ephraim's will or do you know of someone
> who does? Would love to know what is in it.
>
> Gloria (Sargent) Lambert
>
> ô¿ô
> ~

This thread: