WEBB-L Archives

Archiver > WEBB > 2005-08 > 1124643002

From: suebod <>
Subject: [WEBB] Franklin Co VA webbs
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:50:56 -0400

I searched Ron Turner's, "Webb Families of the Virginias." Chapter 5, 1850
Virginia Census Webb Families, p.111 has almost the identical information
you cite:

Franklin County:
Sebert Webb, 45
Ann Webb, 44 [d/o Unknown Radford]
Harriet Webb, 19
Caroline Webb, 17
Mary Webb, 14
John Webb, 12 'm.Elizabeth Jane Perkind, d/o James]
Viola F. Webb, 9
Benjamin Webb, 8
Jacob Webb, 1 [moved to Raleigh Co, WV; m.Mary Radford]

Page 27 lists Sebird Jacob Webb who md. Dora Alice McGrady, d/o Andrew
Jackson McGrady and Rebecca Ann Combs. This listing falls under Louisa
McGrady, d/o Jackson and Hannah (Thompson) McGrady who md. Major Thomas
Webb (b.1847), s/o Robert and Elizabeth (Nester) Webb of Carroll Co, Va.

I've seen the name in other listings and references spelled as Sebirt and
Seabirt, and heard my cousins speak of a Seabert Webb they knew.

Was the family still in Franklin Co in the 1860 census?

Hope something helps.

Sue in Tampa