WELDON-L Archives

Archiver > WELDON > 2001-06 > 0993696089

From: "John or Eleanor Linn" <>
Subject: [WELDON-L] New Weldon Book
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:45:28 -0400

Hello Weldon Researchers,
Wanted to let this group know that a Weldon Family Genealogy book has recently been published. The title is "The Search for Weldon-Kin, A Family of the American South" The authors are John and Gail Weldon. (see below) Here is a description:
A genealogy of Samuel Weldon who came to Jamestown, VA in 1675 from England.Also includes a short summary of available published data on all early Weldons in Europe and America. Includes available information on: Samuel Weldon Family, Henrico, Co., VA; Daniel Weldon Family, Halifax Co., NC; and Samuel Weldon Family, Halifax Co, NC. Family inputs on William Weldon Family, Henry Co., TN and Benjamin A. Weldon Family, Sumpter Co., SC. Book follows particularly: Samuel Weldon (b. 1752 - d. 1829) of Winnsboro, SC; his family and descendants.
Surnames included are: Aiken, Brock, Brown, Bush, Chesnut, Connell, Cowan, Crow, Dunn, Gilbert, Graham, Grant, Grantham, Hamilton, Harvey, Hayes/Hays, Henderson, Hollingsworth, Johnson, Lovett, Musselwhite, Peters, Pitts, Posey, Sapp, Seay, Story, Swain, Taylor, Tucker, Wadkins, Walker, Warren. Weldon, Williamson, Wing, Woddard, Wright and many, many more.
The book is hardbound, 6" x 9". 160 photos, over 8,000 names indexed, 880 total pages. Price is $40.00 each, which includes shipping and handling.
To order: contact John H. Weldon, PO Box 679, Micanopy, FL 32667.
(I was a contributor to the book, but it would take me quite a while to answer any questions sent to me.) John and Gail Weldon hope to do a follow up book with other Weldon lines they have found during their research. They are very helpful with inquiries and have gathered quite a database of Weldons.

Eleanor Linn

This thread: