WINTON-L Archives

Archiver > WINTON > 1999-04 > 0924381874

From: "Earnie R. Breeding" <>
Subject: Re: Tennessee Wintons
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:44:34 -0400

Have been building a new house and unable to complete any genealogy for
several months. However, I did look up Rhoda in my Winton Database.
Please understand that most of this is from LDS cd's and I do not vouch
for it, but it does provide a starting point:
I have 7 Rhoda's as follows:
#1b ca 1796 place? Father McClellan Winton Mother Sally (West)
#2b 7/27/1827 d 3/4/1896 TN Father Stephen Winton Mother Susannah
Layne spouse James J. Brown md ca 1847
#3b. ca 1797 Jefferson Co TN d St Clar Co., Al Father William Winton
Mother Catherine Denton
#4Rhoda A b ca 1844 Father Robert Winton Mother Susannah Fuqua Jackson.
#5 Rhoda A. Rhody b. 3/14/1846 Polk Co., AR. Father Hiram Kinersion
Winton mother Pernicia Pernella Powell. Spouse Isaac Winton, son of
James L. Winton.
#6Rhoda M. b. ca 1815 Siever Co., TN d. ca 1890 Meigs Co., TN F Stephen
Winton M Rhoda Jenkins spouse William R. Ray md 12/27/1848
#7Rhoda M. E. b. 6/27/1842 Mo or TN Father James Albert Winton Mother
Jane Alford spouse Ch Enoch Murphy md 8/4/1866 in Hunt Co TX.

It appears that #7 is yours. Hope this info he[ps yoou to refine the
info. Would appreciate feedback on correct info as you get it.
Earnie
Sheron Sheppard wrote:

> Just joined this list and am looking for the following.
>
> I have a family bible that recites the marriage of Enoch Murphy, b. Oct.
> 1841, and Rhoda Winton, both of Tennessee. Her birthdate is June 23,
> 1842. I find a Rhoda Winton in Roane Co., b. in 1844. A FTM site has
> her as Rhoda Ann Winton, married to Thomas Moss. That site also has her
> dying in 1872, while my Rhoda is having children until 1882 in Hunt Co.,
> Texas. I guess that Rhoda, dau. of Robert and Susannah, is already
> taken. Does anyone have another one that fits. Did any of Robert's
> brothers have a daughter Rhoda? His brother James A. Winton, whose wife
> was Rhoda Mitchell, perhaps?
>
> Thanks for looking,
>
> Sheron

This thread: